72
      Monday
      85 / 67
      Tuesday
      82 / 60
      Wednesday
      73 / 56

      Grand Traverse man dies from contaminated steroid shot

      A Grand Traverse man has died as a result of contaminated steroid injections


      A Grand Traverse County man has died after receiving a contaminated steroid injection. The Michigan Department of Community Health confirmed the death tonight.


      Angela Minicuci, a spokeswoman for the department, told 7&4 News that it's unclear if the man had fungal meningitis. Because of HIPAA laws, information is limited at this time.


      The man was 73-years-old.


      Contaminated steroid injections are linked to the deaths of 13 Michigan residents and nearly 244 nationwide.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER