57 / 40
      60 / 50
      68 / 56

      Business damaged by early morning fire

      An overheated ballast in a light fixture is being blamed for causing a business fire in Manistee.

      Crews were called to Manistee Cleaning Solutions at the corner of First and Grant Streets around 4am Tuesday.

      Fire units arrived to the dry cleaning business within two minutes and saw flames above the main door. Firefighters were able to access the roof and quickly extinguish the flames.

      The estimated damage is about $10,000. There is no expected business interruption due to the quick response and actions by the responding firefighters.