Cedar Point looking to fill more than 5,000 summer positions
SANDUSKY, Ohio (WPBN/WGTU) -- The Summer is almost here and a popular amusement park is looking to fill thousands of positions!
Cedar Point will open May 5 and is looking to hire more than 5,000 people to join its team.
The positions are in multiple departments including ride operations, food & beverage, guest services, accommodations, games, merchandise, maintenance, office & clerical, parking, security and more.
Wages for summer positions and internships range from $9.25 to $12.50 per hour.
Anyone interested in applying is encouraged to attend one of the two upcoming job fairs at Castaway Bay in Sandusky.
The first job fair will be on Thursday, March 22 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and the second one will be on Sunday, April 8 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
In addition to progressive and inclusive grooming standards, upgraded associate break areas and new dining options, Cedar Point offers flexible schedules and benefits such as:
- Free access to Cedar Point and Cedar Point Shores Waterpark all summer
- Free tickets for family and friends to use throughout the summer
- Free access to additional Cedar Fair parks across the country
- Discounts on merchandise and food
- Bus trips to regional destinations like Kings Island, Chicago and Niagara Falls
- Exclusive ride nights – a chance to experience the park’s biggest rides after hours
- Themed parties and events all summer
- Updated on-site housing for those who qualify
Candidates are invited to apply online and then attend one of the job fairs.