Cherryland to award more than $20,000 to local non-profits
GRAND TRAVERSE COUNTY, Mich., (WPBN/WGTU) -- More than $20,000 will be split between six northern Michigan non-profit organizations.
This week, Cherryland Cares, a fund ran by five volunteer Cherryland Electric Cooperative members, awarded $20,900 to the following organizations:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Michigan
- Child and Family Services of Northwestern Michigan
- The Dream Team – Traverse City
- Grand Traverse Dyslexia Association
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) – Grand Traverse
- Women’s Resource Center
The money will go to tuition assistance for students in need of tutoring, funding a baseball team for children with disabilities, providing food, gas cards and other personal necessities to victims of domestic and sexual violence and more.