Deputies ask public for help finding vehicle involved in hit-and-run
GRAND TRAVERSE COUNTY, Mich. (WPBN/WGTU)-- Grand Traverse County deputies are asking for the public's help in finding a driver involved in a hit-and-run.
It happened Aug. 4 around 11 p.m. on Cedar Run Road.
According to the Sheriff's Office, a black Jeep Cherokee was eastbound on Cedar Run Road when the driver crossed the center line and collided with a westbound vehicle. The 57-year-old woman driver of that vehicle received minor injuries as a result of the collision.
Deputies say the driver of the black Jeep fled the scene after the crash. Deputies are asking for the public's help in finding the Jeep and the driver.
The vehicle should have extensive front and driver side damage.
Please call 231-922-4770 ext. 5973 if you have any information.
Deputies ask the public to consider these questions as they relate to the case:
- Do you know someone who drives a similar vehicle with recent damage? Did they tell you they hit a deer?
- Has someone recently painted their vehicle a different color from black?
- Has someone's vehicle been parked in their garage/behind their house when they had been regularly driving it?
- Did someone you know recently take their vehicle to a body shop?
- Have you heard information about this particular crash?