Details released in restaurant overdose death investigation
GRAND TRAVERSE COUNTY, Mich., (WPBN/WGTU) -- Deputies are continuing the investigation into the man who died in the bathroom of a Grand Traverse County restaurant.
On Thursday Grand Traverse County Sheriff's Department said a manager at Denny's found Jerald Friedgen, an employee, dead from an apparent overdose in the bathroom.
Deputies identified a person of interest in the investigation and the man was arrested on an unrelated outstanding warrant from downstate.
A search warrant was issued and a Traverse City home was searched Thursday night.
Deputies said evidence was taken from the home and a woman was arrested during the search.
In connection with the investigation, another man was arrested Friday morning on a parole violation, according to deputies.
Deputies are still awaiting the toxicology report on Friedgen but believe he may have taken heroin laced with fentanyl, a potent opioid which can be fatal in small amounts.
Deputies don't suggest using drugs but are warning anyone who has bought heroin in the past few days, don't use it.