Fire crews were called to Maxbauers Meat Market after receiving a report of a fire at 407 S. Union Street on Monday at 10:30 a.m. in Traverse City.
According to the Traverse City Police department, the fire started from a meat smoker in the back of the market. Everyone was evacuated and no reported injuries.
The Traverse City Fire Department reports heavy smoke coming from the smoke house and light smoke from the store.
According to the fire department, the fire was quickly extinguished. Assessment of the damage showed that the fire did not extend into the roof of the store building.
According to Maxbauers Meat Market's Facebook page, the store will be closed for an undetermined amount of time.