Gas leak may have been to blame for house explosion, fire next door
Mon, 21 Oct 2013 20:54:17 GMT —
A gas leak may be the cause of an explosion at a house in Hamilton Township this morning.
Crews were called to the scene at 6774 Lake Street in Hamilton Township just before 6 a.m. A house at 6778 Lake Street was also on fire as a result of the explosion.
The Clare County Sheriff's Office reports that no one was home at the time of the explosion and no one was injured.
The Sheriff reports that the explosion and subsequent fire were the result of a possible gas leak inside the home at 6774 Lake Street.
The fire is under investigation.