Moomers makes a sweet list of America's best ice cream shops
Here's the scoop: The Traverse City area is once again being recognized in a top list of the country's best! This time it's a summer favorite putting a cherry on top of travel to northern Michigan.
The online vacation guide,
, named the top 15 ice cream shops in America and Moomers is number six on the list.
Among the favorite flavors mentioned in Fodor's Travel: Black cherry ice cream and Moomers Choc-o-holic.
The full list of America's Best Ice Cream Shops:
1. Bi-Rite Creamery/San Francisco, CA
2. Pumphouse Creamery/Minneapolis, MN
3. Hot Licks Homemade Ice Cream/Fairbanks, AK
4. Ample Hills Creamery/Brooklyn, NY
5. Dolcezza/Washington, D.C.
6. Moomers Homemade Ice Cream/Traverse City, MI
7. Creole Creamery/New Orleans, LA
8. Salt & Straw/Portland, OR
9. Lick Honest Ice Creams/Austin, TX
10. Black Dog Gelato/Chicago, IL
11. Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams/Columbus, OH
12. Sweet Republic/Scottsdale, Phoenix, AZ
13. Hank's Ice Cream/Houston, TX
14. Glace Artisan Ice Cream/Kansas City, MO
15. Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream/Seattle, WA
Moomer's Homemade Ice Cream was in the spotlight in May, 2008 when it was voted America's Best Scoop on ABC's Good Morning America.
The Traverse City area is feeling the love of top lists this year.
Traverse City recently made the top 5 list of
America's Beeriest Beach Towns
Traverse City also made headlines in early June after Livability.com ranked the area as a Top 10 Foodie City.
, Traverse City made fifth on the list because residents embrace restaurants and take pride in knowing where their food comes from.