MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

School placed on 'outside threat mode' during domestic assault investigation

(upnorthlive.com photo)

CLARE COUNTY, Mich. (WPBN/WGTU) -- A Clare County school was placed under an 'outside threat mode' during a domestic assault investigation at a nearby home.

It happened Monday around 2:11 p.m.

According to the Clare County Sheriff's Office, Farwell Elementary School was put into outside threat mode for about 25 minutes as a precautionary measure.

Deputies say they had been in the area investigating a domestic assault complaint at a home near the school and were told that the reported suspect, 39-year-old Farewell man, had assaulted a child and a 30-year-old. Deputies then learned the man was headed to the school to take another child that lived in the home where the alleged assault happened.

Deputies took the precautionary measure to keep the children and staff safe until they could get to the scene and get more information.

We are told the man did not end up coming to the school and was found at another home. The precautionary school security measure was then lifted.

The man was not arrested at this time and a report was submitted to the Clare County Prosecutor's Office for a review of charges.

The sheriff's office would like to thank the parents, school staff and students for their proactive cooperation until the matter was able to safely resole.

Trending