83
      Thursday
      83 / 63
      Friday
      86 / 65
      Saturday
      86 / 67

      Structure fire started by cigarette butt in Manistee

      The City of Manistee Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 274 ninths street on Monday afternoon.

      The City of Manistee Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 274 Ninth Street on Monday afternoon.

      According to the fire department, there were visible flames on the attached front porch. The fire was contained to the porch but some of the siding was melted from the fire.

      Estimated damage cost is less than $3,000.

      The fire is believed to have been started by a cigarette butt in a flowerpot.

      No reported injuries.