Traverse City's Downtown Chili Cook-Off raises $12,000
GRAND TRAVERSE COUNTY, Mich. (WPBN/WGTU) -- People warmed up on the cold winter day on Saturday at The Downtown Traverse City Association’s (DTCA) 26th annual Downtown Chili Cook-Off.
The chili cook-off managed to raise approximately $12,000 to help fund downtown community events such as Friday Night Live.
Nearly 1,300 people lined up at the cook-off’s new location, the State Street Market Place.
The cook-off has traditionally been held at the Park Place Dome before it was taken down.
A tent behind the new venue held 16 vendors, from restaurants like Red Mesa Grill, Sugar 2 Salt, Rare Bird and Aerie Restaurant and Lounge.
People got to walk around and pick 8 different chilies to try and then vote for their favorite.
This year’s winners are:
- People’s Choice – Red Mesa Grill, White Chili
- 1-Alarm – Francisco’s Market
- 2-Alarm – Raduno
- 3-Alarm- Burritt’s Fresh Markets
- Seafood – Scalawags Whitefish & Chips
- Vegetarian – The Franklin
- White – Red Mesa Grill
- Ethnic – Betty’s Hot Dish
- No Bean – Aerie Restaurant & Lounge