62 / 52
      70 / 56
      68 / 44

      Wexford County hoping voters approve recreation millage

      Tuesday, Wexford County voters will have the option to approve a recreational millage for .25 mills.

      If approved, 61% of the millage funds would be spent on the Wexford County Civic Center. According to County Administrator Ken Hinton, the remaining 39% would be used on recreational projects throughout the county.

      ??On a $100,000 home, it will cost $12.50 a year,?? Hinton said.

      Here is what voters will see on Tuesday??s ballot:

      For the purpose of renewing operational and capital funding for County and local recreation programs at the same millage level previously approved by the voters in 2008, with 61% of the revenue to be allocated to Wexford County Civic Center/Ice Arena and the balance to other local recreation programs, shall the constitutional limitation upon the total amount of taxes which may be assessed in one (1) year upon all property within the County of Wexford, Michigan, be renewed at .2500 of one (1) mill ($0.25 per $1,000 of taxable value) and be levied by Wexford County for a period of two (2) years (2012-2013) inclusive? (If approved and levied in full, this millage will raise an estimated additional $231,875 for operational and capital funding for County and local recreation programs in the first calendar year of the levy based on state taxable valuation. If approved and levied, a portion of the millage may be disbursed for funding recreation programs in the Villages of Buckley and Mesick, the City of Manton, and such other local units of government as the County Board determines appropriate. In accordance with State law, a portion of the millage may also be disbursed to the City of Cadillac Downtown Development Authority and Local Development Finance Authority.)

      Watch our Fact Finder report to learn more about this proposal.