Would you make a good 'Road Watcher'?
(WPBN/WGTU) -- If you would like to weigh-in on the status of the your area roadways, you could put your opinions to good use as a "Road Watcher".
The Michigan Department of Transportation is looking for drivers who would like to volunteer as a Road Watcher. The volunteers provide reports on how well area roads are being maintained as well as improvements that could be made. This includes how well the roads are being cleared after a winter storm hits.
Participants will be asked to complete periodic, brief online surveys based on their experiences.
MDOT is currently looking for Road Watchers in the Grand Region and Bay Region.
As a Road Watcher you can sign up for specific routes along your commute. For the Bay Region this includes:
- I-75 between I-69 and Holly Road, Genesee County
- I-75 between Bridgeport and Birch Run, Saginaw County
- I-75 between Bay City and Saginaw, Bay and Saginaw counties
- I-94 between I-69 and 26 Mile Road, St. Clair & Macomb counties
- I-69 between I-75 and Irish Road, Genesee County
- I-69 between M-52 and M-13, Shiawassee County
- I-69 between I-94 and M-53, St. Clair & Lapeer counties
- US-10 between Midland and Bay City, Bay and Midland counties
- US-127 between Clare and Mt. Pleasant, Isabella & Clare counties
- US-127 between Ithaca and Mt. Pleasant, Gratiot and Isabella counties
- US-23 from Silver Lake Road to I-75, Genesee County
- M-20 between Midland and Mt. Pleasant, Midland and Isabella counties
Road Watchers for the Grand Region are needed for the following routes:
- I-196 in Kent County
- I-196 in Allegan County
- I-196 in Ottawa County
- I-96 in Ottawa County
- I-96 in Kent County
- I-96 in Ionia County
- I-96 in Muskegon County
- M-6 in Kent and Ottawa counties
- US-31 in Muskegon County
- US-31 in Ottawa County
- US-131 in Kent County
- US-131 in Montcalm County
- US-131 in Allegan County
More details on how to become a Raod Watcher can be found by clicking here.