77
      Thursday
      83 / 63
      Friday
      86 / 65
      Saturday
      86 / 67

      Guest room at popular resort catches fire

      The fire started in the room's heating unit in the wall but did not spread to other rooms. Crews were able to put it out quickly.

      One man was sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation Saturday night, after a fire ripped through a guest room at the Grand Traverse Resort in Williamsburg.

      Crews from the Grand Traverse Metro Fire Department were called to the hotel at around 4:00pm Saturday afternoon on reports of a fire in a room on the 4th floor of the resort.

      The fire started in the room's heating unit in the wall but did not spread to other rooms. Crews were able to put it out quickly.

      One employee was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

      No one was injured in the fire.