The following statement was released Wednesday morning by McLaren Health Care:
??McLaren Health Care remains committed to the continuation of healthcare services in the Cheboygan community, developing a physician-based rather than a hospital-based model of care. As such, the primary and specialty care physicians of Cheboygan are now affiliated with McLaren-Northern Michigan, and will be available to continue to serve their patients in convenient Cheboygan locations. Patients may call the Physician Referral Line at McLaren-Northern Michigan in Petoskey at 877.568.5598 to learn more.??
CMH is closed to all routine services. The Emergency Room in Cheboygan is currently diverting non-critical patients to other facilities. The Emergency Room is seeing only critical patients until 11am today, after that, all patients will be diverted to the appropriate hospital for treatment. For those who have an emergent need, they will need to call 9-1-1.
Public Message Regarding Prescription Emergent/Immediate needs:
The following process has been identified for those patients in need emergent/immediate prescription refills: Emergent refills are defined as those that are completely empty. Immediate refills are defined as those that will be empty prior to April 6, 2012.
1. Call your pharmacy and let them know your prescription refill needs.
2. If they have on record prescription refills they will process in typical fashion.
3. If you do not have refills on record, your pharmacy will fax a request to your physician.
4. Your physician will write and fax to your pharmacist a refill order.
Public Message Regarding 9-1-1 Services:
1. All EMS services that have been servicing our region are still operating. Any patient requiring emergency care should request an ambulance by calling 9-1-1.
Public Message Regarding Medical Records:
1. All medical records have been secured at Cheboygan Memorial Hospital. A process for retrieving a copy of these records is currently being developed. As soon as this process has been identified it will be communicated to our patients/public.
Public Message Regarding Physician Services:
1. McLaren Health Care Corporation is actively working on integration of the physician primary care providers in order to preserve access to care.
2. As soon as this can be accomplished it will be communicated to the public.
Cheboygan Memorial Hospital is committed to meeting the public needs and will continue to communicate as more information is available. We also thank you for your support and patience during this process.
Status updates are also being posted online, you can check them at by CLICKING HERE.