Police sweeping Cadillac schools after bomb threat
Cadillac High School and Junior High are operating in a secure mode for the second time this week.
A bomb threat was found on a bathroom wall Friday afternoon at the Junior/High School complex dated for Saturday, May 3.
Michigan State Police are investigating. Students are being dismissed at this time. The search of Cadillac Junior High was successfully completed by Dual Explosive Detection Canines and law enforcement this evening. The building is secure.
Another threat earlier this week caused a security concern.
On Tuesday evening, Cadillac Police received a report from a high school student who said he was threatened by several teenaged men, one of whom had a weapon. The threat occurred after school hours and off of school property.
The suspects could not be found Tuesday evening.
A Cadillac Junior High School student familiar with the situation Tuesday told police Wednesday morning that she said one or two of the suspects on the school grounds.
Police and school officials were able to clear the school and determine that no one was inside that shouldn't be.
Police then say they made contact with the people who were accused of the threats Tuesday night and determine they had not been at the school on Wednesday.
The junior high student eventually confessed she made up the reports of the threat Wednesday. She is being referred to the probate court.
The complaint of the threat Tuesday evening is still under investigation.