ReVibe: Welcome Thanksgiving relatives with a "smile"
Wed, 21 Nov 2012 23:15:13 GMT —
Denine Dingeman, designer & General Manager of Habitat for Humanity ReStore, shares her inspiration and teaches you to affordably style with ease! She's teaming up with Dan Brady, "tricks-of-the-trade" painter at Dan Brady Painting and Wood Restoration. He brings you time-saving tricks and products that are easy to find and use.
This week, Dan and Denine show you how to ReVibe and old, ugly door AND create your own mirror!
How to ReVibe an old door and accessorize with a custom mirror:
1. Prep door with liquid deglosser
2. Light sand with sanding sponge
3. Paint: Self-priming Manor Hall from Pittsburgh Paint. You can find them at your local DIY store or Northwood Paint in Traverse City.
4. Apply with fine finish (Wooster Mini Roller and Wooster 2-inch cut brush).
5. Pick up letters at local hobby shop, spray with self-priming, white spray paint!!
6. Find an old mirror (Habitat ReStore has plenty!)
7. Pick up glass cutter at Ace Hardware to custom cut mirror. Click the video above to see how easy it is to cut!
8. Purchase an inexpensive frame from Hobby shop and tack on with caulk adhesive
To see a professional demonstration, click the video above!
Need some paint? Call 231-947-8522, or stop by Northwood Paint & Supply in Traverse City.
Need some Frogtape? Click HERE.