Sweeten up your weekend with Janet's winning Summer Angel cake
Wed, 02 Jul 2014 13:09:58 GMT —
Lovers of all things sweet and summer will love to try Jan Goodwin's Summer Angel cake. Her recipe won a 7&4 Facebook competition alongside Meijer for summer recipes.
Jan's delicious summer cake is easy to make! It only takes 4 ingredients:
1 14 oz. Angel Food Cake
1 6 oz. box of gelatin
1 12 oz. whipped topping
1 lb fresh or frozen fruit ex: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, watermelon!
The fruit and the gelatin should match.
1. Mix gelatin per directions on box, but reduce to 3 cups of water instead of 4. (2c boiling, 1c cold including any extra fruit juice)
2. Place gelatin in refrigerator 'til thickens but not sets. Approximately 1.5 hours.
3. Meanwhile, break up the angel food cake into bite-sized pieces in a large mixing bowl.
4. When gelatin is thickened, remove from the refrigerator and combine the gelatin, whipped topping, and fruit with the angel cake. Gently mix.
5. Place in trifle bowl or any large clear bowl. Refrigerate 'til ready to serve.
Create the dessert your friends with love with Jan Goodwin's recipe. Happy 4th of July!