Viral police selfie after hurricane provides humor during relief efforts
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WPBN/WGTU) -- A selfie taken by the Gainesville Police Department in Florida during Hurricane Irma is now providing some humor during a difficult time.
On Sept. 10, the Gainesville Police Department posted a photo of three night shift officers about to start their shift during Irma.
This photo has since heated up social media with more than 200,000 shares, 350,000+ likes and more than 150,000 comments.
Within the thousands of comments, ladies from across the world are swooning over the good looks of the three officers. The comments left on the police department's Facebook page are a little too steamy to re-share (even making the police chief blush).
The Police Department didn't skip a beat when responding to those comments...
1. We are dying with the comments. You've actually made our chief blush with some of them.
2. MRS. Nordman and MRS. Hamill have also enjoyed knowing how millions of women are going crazy over their husbands.
3. We can confirm that Officer Rengering (far right with the amazing hair) IS SINGLE.
4. On another note, Officer Rengering is being placed into Cougar Prey Protective Care, similar to the witness protection program for his safety.
5. Please do not call 9-1-1 and request this group respond to your "incident"
6. There WILL be a calendar.
There's also more good news from this viral selfie. The Gainesville Police Department says they will be making a calendar to help raise money for relief efforts.
"Thank you all for the hilarious comments...they have brightened our time up here."