LEELANAU COUNTY, Mich., (WPBN/WGTU) -- The cold weather is starting to make an appearance in northern Michigan and that means it is time to start making feel good, comfort meals!
Lisa Maxbauer Price, a Traverse City mother and food writer, shares a delicious recipe for her Cinnamon Chocolate Crock-pot Chili!
Cinnamon Chocolate Crock-pot Chili
- 1 lbs. lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 can of red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz.)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 large onion, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (or 1 Tbsp cocoa powder)
Place meat in the bottom of the crock. Top with spices. Add liquid ingredients. Stir and then cook on high for 4 hours (medium for 6, or low for 8). When 20 minutes are left on the timer, stir and add kidney beans. Cook for remaining time.
If you would like more information about Lisa and more of her recipes, you can check out her website.