GRAND TRAVERSE COUNTY , Mi. (WPBN/WGTU)-- A 150-year-old family barn in Grand Traverse County was destroyed after an early morning fire.
It happened on East Hammond Road in East Bay Township.
The Grand Traverse Metro Fire Department and crews received the call around 1:45 a.m. Friday and arrived to find the barn fully engulfed.
The Groleu family barn has been in the family since the 1860s and was used for storage.
No one was hurt, but we're told that there were 10 pigs inside the barn and they were only able to rescue one.
Hammond Road was closed for about 90 minutes and an excavator was brought in to remove the roof and the walls to get to the fire.
Crews had to pump nearly 30,000 gallons of water from nearby hydrants.
Twenty-one firefighters from four metro stations fought the fire.
There was a house and family store close by, but they were not impacted by the fire.