Habitat for Humanity selected as Hagerty's 2018 nonprofit partner
GRAND TRAVERSE COUNTY, Mich., (WPBN/WGTU) -- Hagerty Insurance has announced that Habitat for Humanity will be their 2018 Annual Nonprofit Partner.
This is the fifth year of the company's Annual Nonprofit Partner program.
Along with receiving a financial investment of $25,000, Hagerty will also provide employee service and pro bono consulting to boost Habitat for Humanity's internal capacity.
"Habitat for Humanity is a highly admired organization that rallies communities around the issue of shelter," said McKeel Hagerty, CEO. "We share in the notion that providing a home for people builds a strong foundation for their success and ability to contribute to the economic vitality of any area they call home. We look forward to working with Habitat and the key role they play in providing affordable housing in the communities in which we live and work."
Hagerty's year-end giving kicked off during Thanksgiving week and included a donation of 650 books for second grade students in the Traverse City Area Public Schools.
100 elementary school students have also been adopted by the company for Christmas.
Hagerty is currently holding donation drives at its headquarters in Traverse City and will provide the following to local organizations:
• Wish list items for the Goodwill Inn
• Holiday wrapping and family activity supplies benefitting Big Brothers Big Sisters
• Welcome home kits for Goodwill program recipients
• School supplies for Traverse Heights Elementary
• Hygiene supplies benefitting Love INC.
• Nonperishable foods for the TCAPS Food Pantry
• Hats, gloves, socks and mittens for the Central United Methodist Shelter
• Baby supplies for the Women’s Resource Center
• Paper Products benefitting Michael’s Place
• Pet supplies for Cherryland Humane Society
"We are thrilled to be selected as the Hagerty nonprofit partner,” said Wendy Irvin, Habitat for Humanity’s Executive Director for the Grand Traverse Region. “We are grateful to Hagerty employees who generously volunteer on the build-site working side-by-side with our team and the families we serve. We look forward to this new opportunity to jointly strengthen the capacity of Habitat for Humanity Grand Traverse and to impact our community through affordable housing solutions."