Man turns himself in after kids hospitalized for eating drug-laced candy
Fri, 19 Jun 2015 17:51:24 GMT —
A man has turned himself in Friday morning after two young kids were sent to the hospital for getting ahold of drug-filled candy.
According to Grand Traverse County Prosecuting Attorney Bob Cooney, Michael Taylor is believed to have left a bag of gummy candy, containing THC oil, on the kitchen counter. Two kids, ages 7 and 9, got ahold of that candy and ate them.
The prosecutor tells us the two children began hallucinating and vomiting and were taken to the hospital. Toxicology tests revealed that both the children had traces of THC in their systems.
Taylor at first lied to officers about knowing the drug-filled candy was found in the house, according to the prosecutor.
Taylor will be charged with misdemeanors of fourth degree child abuse, possession of marijuana as well as lying to a police officer.