OTSEGO COUNTY, Mich., (WPBN/WGTU) -- A northern Michigan resort will begin reopening some of its attractions under the Governor's new stay home order.
Treetops Resort in Gaylord said they will be opening its Tradition Golf Course on Friday, May 1.
Treetops Resort management has outlined the following plan to safely play the game of golf for the immediate future:
- Golf may be played but, golf carts are not permitted at this time.
- Individuals with a Regular Club 81 Membership, Military Membership or Twilight Membership will be allowed to play beginning May 1st. Tee Times MUST Be Made In Advance.
- Twilight Members can play at any time between May 1 and May 15. Beginning May 16, 2020, Twilight Members will only be able to play after 3 p.m. unless otherwise informed.
- Tee Times will be available daily between 9 am and 5 pm beginning May 1, 2020 until otherwise informed.
- Tee Times are required and MUST be made in advance and payment will be taken at the time of booking. Modifications to date of play and start time or cancellation with full refunds will be available prior to the start of the scheduled time if you choose not to play for any reason.
- Walking Rate for the Tradition Course will be $25 for 18 holes or $15 for 9 holes until further notice and MUST BE PAID AT THE TIME OF BOOKING.
- Tee Times can be made by calling 1-866-529-5148.
- Those who have scheduled tee times should drive to the Tradition Clubhouse (there will be signage directing you where to turn in) and you will park there.
- Neither the Treetops North Clubhouse and Practice Facility nor the Tradition Clubhouse will be open, and no in-person access will be available which includes pro shop staff, starters, rangers and/or bag drop attendants. However, a golf professional will periodically be present monitoring the golf course to ensure property security and player safety.
- Bathrooms will not be available nor will Food and Beverage be available.
- Merchandise will not be available for in-person purchase; however, merchandise may be purchased in advance and will be made available to golfers upon arrival for his/her tee time or during the course of the round. If a tee time is booked one day or more in advance, a staff member will contact you with details.
“Being able to play golf is a not only a great opportunity afforded to us in these unprecedented times but it is also a responsibility for all who play to do it right, so we are asking everyone who plays to follow these simple guidelines," said Kevin McKinley, Assistant General Manager and PGA Professional.
There are a few guidelines for anyone coming to golf is asked to follow:
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time. With no starter present, the first tee will be first come, first served and we ask that you are respectful of other players.
- No more than four players per group and golfers MUST wait at least 10 minutes after the previous group to begin your round.
- Those playing 9 holes may start on #10 ONLY if there is nobody on Hole #9. Whenever possible, stay more than 6 feet away from other players in your group especially if they do not live in the same household as you.
- Do not touch anyone else's equipment and players MUST leave the flagstick in when putting, there will be a stopper in the cup so you don't have to reach all the way in the hole to retrieve your ball.
- The Treetops team also suggests a ‘gimme rule’ when your ball is within 2 feet of the hole.
- Scorecards and Pencils will not be available. Players may print the Tradition scorecard using the following link prior to your arrival - or feel free to utilize one of many free apps to use electronic scoring on your phone.
Other resort operations have the following opening dates, as long as the order doesn't change:
- Hotel - May 16, 2020. Those with reservations prior to this date will be contacted to discuss further arrangements.
- Food & Beverage - May 16, 2020. The management team will continue to monitor guidelines and be prepared to operate accordingly when the time is right.
- Spa & Salon - May 16, 2020
- Daycare and Camp Sylvan - May 18, 2020
- Additional Golf Courses - May 16, 2020
“While this golf season may look a bit different, we are excited to welcome guests when they feel comfortable to enjoy Michigan’s most spectacular collection of golf courses and resort amenities,” said McKinley.
To reserve a Treetops Resort Getaway visit www.treetops.com or call (888) TREETOPS.
All of the latest coronavirus information can be found on our coronavirus page.